RITE AID CONTRACT VOTE NOTIFICATION DETRIMENTAL FINAL OFFER STRIKE VOTE SET FOR JUNE 13 AND 14
An unacceptable final agreement was served up by Rite Aid after nearly a year of foot-dragging and repetitive cancellations of pre-agreed upon bargaining dates by the company.
Of upmost concern is the company’s demand to shift medical costs from the company to employees of up to $200 a month for a family.
The company is also offering wage increases that fall drastically below the cost of living in Northern California while pitting employees against each other by disproportionally providing wage increases of up to $1.75 an hour for some employees but not others.
Wage increases are only retroactive to January 2023 rather than the expiration of the previous contract, cheating workers out of hundreds of dollars in backpay.
Rite Aid continues to keep on the table a 30 hour full-time and 20 hour part-time weekly guarantee for workers without regard to time served with the company.
Many of your other concerns are not addressed in the company’s final offer. All Rite Aid members will have the opportunity to ask questions and vote on Tuesday June 13 and Wednesday June 14 between 9 AM and 6 PM at the following locations:
- Hayward Union Hall – 28870 Mission Blvd.
- Martinez Union Hall – 4121 Alhambra Ave.
- Novato Union Hall – 85 Galli Drive Suite H
- Salinas Union Hall – 1145 North Main St.
- San Jose Union Hall – 240 Market St.
- San Francisco Union Hall – 323 Miller Ave.
- Vallejo Teamster’s Union Hall (June 13 only) – 445 Nebraska St.
- Crescent City (June 13 only) Ocean Front Lodge 100 A St. Redwood
- Eureka Union Hall/Labor Temple (June 14 only) – 840 E Street, Suite 8