UFCW Local 5 and Safeway reach an agreement to restore sick pay hours to Safeway.com Drivers
The agreement contains the following:
- Drivers will accrue 1 hour of sick time for every 32 hours worked (full-time drivers will earn an average of 5 hours of sick time per month.
- Sick time cap will be 160 hours
- Drivers who had their sick time taken away will have up to 320 hours of their sick time restored
- There will be a cap of 160 hours and then a reserve bank of up to 160 hours depending on how much sick time you have
- Any driver who submitted a sick leave claim that was not paid due to the elimination of the sick leave benefit will be made whole.
If you have any other questions, please contact your union representative.